• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer Realm of Ink is not related to Splatoon… it sure looks great though

Realm-of-Ink-main.jpg

You can't talk about ink in video games without someone bringing up Splatoon. But Realm of Ink is a very different beast. It's coming to Early Access on PC on May 17, courtesy of dual developers, Leap Studio and Maple Leaf Studio. The publisher is 663 games.

Realm of Ink is basically Hades, the inky version, and with a far more attractive protagonist. It is a roguelike action game, and while I think most people would join me in saying "enough is enough" as far as that genre goes, it's hard to not be intrigued when it looks like this.

It does have an intriguing, dark fairy tale-like concept, too. You play as Red, an expert swordswoman, who finds herself drawn into a short story collection called the Realm of Ink. What this means in practice is that the developers can throw a whole lot of variety at us, showing Red as she moves through the various stories of the "book".

In addition to being based on Chinese storytelling tradition (the Monkey Kingdom shows up as one location, and I'm assuming that this is a reference to Journey to the West), you'll also be able to collect "ink pets" to fight alongside you as you adventure. I must admit I never thought that Hades and Pokemon would be a crossover that someone attempted, but if it works it could be a really good time.

Realm of Ink launches later in the year for both consoles and PC, but the Early Access version sounds pretty comprehensive already… and includes 15 ink pets so you can get into the collecting immediately.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back